Practical tips for you and your business
We have put together some useful tips to get your business on its way to a more sustainable future, and to sign the BEBA pledge.
- Train staff in sustainability. Courses such as Carbon Literacy are a great way of certifying staff
- Offer schemes such as cycle to work to encourage staff to choose sustainable travel
- Replace end of life vehicles with more sustainable options such as electric or hydrogen powered vehicles
- Using biodiesel, where possible, can reduce your business’ carbon footprint
- Save energy by turning off electrical equipment including lights when not in use. Having lights with sensors can also help.
- When replacing appliances and electrical equipment, ensure they have a high energy rating, ideally A or above
- Set the thermostat to 19c
- Install insulation in roofs and walls
- Replace old lightbulbs with LED bulbs
- Use local suppliers and local products where possible
- Consider the environmental credentials of suppliers
We have put together some useful links to help you discover what other businesses are doing and what you could do.
- Energy Saving Trust – Advice for businesses
- Energy Saving Trust – Creating a sustainability strategy for your business
- Sustainability Exchange resources